Recipes

Monday, April 26, 2010

The 3Cs Biscotti........ Chocolate, Coffee and Coconut

Home with the kids is one of the many things that I enjoy and the time spent with them can also make you crave for something with a bit of caffeine to help you get through the day, top that off with delicious chocolate and a sprinkling of coconut. How do I get that into one bite..... The 3Cs Biscotti........ Chocolate, Coffee and Coconut!


..... I needed this biscotti for my tea break today!!!


(Jacob the food stylist.....)


The 3Cs Biscotti........ Chocolate, Coffee and Coconut

1 3/4 cup of plain flour
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 tbsp of instant coffee
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
120 g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs
125 g butter

1. Roughly chop the dark chocolate and place it in the freezer 30 mins before you add it to the biscotti mixture. I like to put the chocolate in the freezer so that it won't melt and keeps it's shape in the biscotti mixture.
2. In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla essence and mix well. Add the plain flour, bicarb, desiccated coconut, salt and coffee until just combined. 3. Preheat the oven to 180C. Using an ungreased baking tray, half the biscotti dough and shape it into 2 loaves with moistened hands. I find it's easier to shape the dough with moistened hands rather than using a spatula.. plus it's faster.... and remember to leave space for the loaves to expand.
4. Bake the loaves for about 30 mins until just golden. Remove from the oven and cool for about 15 mins. Using a serrated knife, cut the loaves into 3/4 inch slices and place it sliced side down back on the baking tray. Bake it for a further 10 mins and remove it from the oven and turn the biscotti to the other side, bake for another 10 mins. Remove and cool down. The biscotti should be golden and will harden when it cools down.


7 comments:

  1. I love Biscotti, and this one sounds like a winner!!!
    Thanks so much for sharing!
    Dennis

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had biscotti but it looks yummy.
    Aww i miss jake.
    I think by now you could probably write a recipe book :)
    On my next day off, I think i'm going to make your cinnamon crinkles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love biscotti - lots of great flavour and crazy crunch and your version sounds absolutely fabulous! Does your food stylist charge by the hour? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks!It was nice to have a bit of a biscotti break today but I had to hide some of them from the kids...or else I'd never get to eat them again.
    Oh...Jacob my little food stylist. Yes he's a bit of a handful but he had the best time rearranging the biscotti. Everytime I tried to take a shot his little hands would be taking them in and out of the mug! ....
    Denise: He's for hire and he works very well for a cup of juice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cinda, your biscotti looks wonderful. In fact, I can see this will be a dangerous blog for me to visit while I'm...*dieting*!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh...you have all my favourite 3 Cs. I would love dipping into coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no... there's no dieting here!! I think you're entitled to spoil yourself a little each day but just think of it as mocha coffee instead!That's what I do...LOL

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails