Recipes

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Birthdays

Tomorrow is my son's 7th birthday and I'm lost looking for the ultimate Chocolate Fudge Cake.

He absolutely loves chocolate, almost anything made out of chocolate he'll eat. Chocolate coated donuts, Chocolate milk for breakfast, Nutella on toast, Chocolate Tim Tams (famous Aussie Choc biscuit no Aussie is without), and his all time fav......Chocolate Fudge Cake with lashings of Bitter Sweet Chocolate Icing!!!

...........Chocolate......Chocolate........Chocolate

Well, for the past few years I've been making him his fav birthday cake, which he always thought of as mum's secret recipe but what he never figured out is that it comes from the trusted kitchen of Betty Crocker!!!

Yep, shock & horror...I do a lot a baking and such but I could never get the right Choco Fudge recipe so I cheated and used a cake mix!!!

I make this cake for all occassions and it's usually the all time favourite to bring to pot luck get- togethers..... It's my LAZY cake!!! I get compliments on my Chocolate Cake and I've even told friends that it's from a packet, but still the same reaction...."Yeh, right it's from a packet!"

Well, I suppose you could say half of it is mine... the icing is mine. Just some bitter sweet chocolate mixed in with a dollop of homemade yoghurt. I know you usually have to use sour cream but living in the tropics you have to make do with whatever substitute you can find, so yoghurt is good enough.

.....Anyway, this year I thought I'd give it a go and try to make it from scratch but hopefully without it my son finding out the difference. I have the whole night to come up with something that resembles the rich, moist fudgy cake that he so adores. Only thing is I can't find it on the net or in any of the recipes I have......

Where is the ultimate Chocolate Fudge recipe???!!!

.......I do have Plan B.....one packet of Betty Crockers Chocolate Fudge Cake mix!!! It was the very last packet on the shelf today. If all else falls tonight and I don't come up with my own version I know I'll can have another year to find that recipe!!!

So does anyone out there know the where I can find the ultimate Chocolate Fudge Cake recipe?????

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails