Preparing a healthy easy snack for school lunches doesn't have to be too complex and sometimes a simple muffin can do the trick. Mash a few ripe bananas and add some chocolate mini buttons and you have a snack ready in bite!
.....That's what I'll be packing in the kid's lunch boxes for tomorrow!
Banana Choc Muffins
2 ripe bananas
1/4 cup chocolate mini buttons
60 g butter
2/3 cup sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 1/2 cup plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup milk
1. In a mixing bowl cream the butter and sugar. Add the egg and vanilla essence and mix well.
2. Mash the bananas and chocolate mini buttons and add to the butter mixture and combine well.
3. Sift the plain flour and baking powder and fold into the butter mixture. Alternate with the milk and stir until well combined.
4. Preheat the oven to 180C.
5. Line a muffin tray with paper patty cups. Spoon the muffin mixture evenly into the muffing cups. Bake for 15 mins or until golden. Remove muffins from the muffin tray and cool on a wire rack.